Frequently Asked Questions
How the Tour works
We pick up from any hotel within Funchal.
Your private tour begins with exploring any one of the below destinations, plus viewpoints with panoramic views whilst exploring the heart of nature.
You will be learning all about Madeira’s traditions and history, away from the typical “tourist routes and explanations”, along the way to the selected destination, within the selected time frame.
Along our route we will stop at all the good photo opportunities
What happens if we exceed time:
Although we try our best to be back in time, we sometimes might exceed 20 to 30 minutes.
What happens if we are late to pick you up:
This rarely happens, but if it does we will make up for the lost time with extra touring time to ensure you do not miss out on any of your hours.
What happens if I arrive late - very close to departure time?
Depending on other tour bookings for the day, we may, or may not be able to accommodate the lost time.
Reduced Mobility and Age Restrictions
- So far we have had someone who is 85 years of age. We suggest people who feel comfortable getting in and out of the trike.
- The minimum age for our tours is 7 years old.
- We are not able to accommodate a wheelchair
- From the age of 7 years +
- Our trikes accommodate 2 passengers + 1 driver/ tour guide on each Trike.
- Also Ideal for cruise line guests who are in Madeira for only a couple of hours, and are able to then experience some of Madeira’s great attractions without rushing through the normal offered tours.
- We can customise your tour to ensure that you have an independent travel plan designed and arranged just for you.
There are no height restrictions as such.
Do you require a License
No license is required as a passenger on the tour.
Weather restrictions. Can I reschedule or cancel my tour?
If the weather can affect your tour. Example it is going to Rain. Then Yes, Definitely! We are very flexible with the reservations and we can always reschedule the tour due to bad weather. You can also cancel the tour and receive 100% refund, as long as you inform us at least 24 hrs in advance
Is there any opportunity to swim on your tours?
Yes it is Possible on selected Tours
Should we book in advance or wait until we get there?
You should! We quickly become full.
What is Included
- All insurances and local taxes in accordance with Portuguese law is included
- Helmets and Jacket are supplied throughout the duration of the tour
- Private tour ensures a personalised experience and the undivided attention of your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour in Portuguese, English
What is Excluded
Any drinks and food are excluded as well as entrance charges to specific adventures.
What happens if we would like to extend the time of our current tour that we are on:
Dependent on other tour bookings on that day.
Is lunch included in your Tour price?
None of our prices include lunch or drinks. We have menus in local restaurants where they have the best lunches of the day, usually with fantastic views, quality traditional food and a variety of choices
Is there anything in particular we need to bring?
We suggest you bring appropriate clothing, according to the season. For ladies it is preferred to wear shorts, or comfortable pants.
Are our tours suited for cruise line guests?
Yes, they are ideal for cruise line guests who are in Madeira for only a couple of hours, allowing you to then experience some of Madeira’s great attractions without rushing through the normal offered tours.